Current Status of Surrogates for Survival in Cancer Trials
November 17, 2016
IDDI organized a webinar on the Current Status of Surrogates for Survival in Cancer Trials.
In this webinar, our speakers :
- Provided an overview of the current status of surrogates for overall survival in oncology
- Reviewed the pros and cons of the various efficacy endpoints currently used
- Discussed the currently preferred method for validation of surrogate endpoints
- Presented an overview of the various settings in which disease-free survival and progression-free survival have or have not been considered a valid surrogate for survival
- Illustrated their presentation with several examples, including the evolution of surrogacy within a given setting and potential differences between treatment classes, including immune checkpoint inhibitors.