IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized biostatistical and eClinical service provider in the field of clinical research. To support our growth, we are actively looking for a:
You will be joining our international and multi-cultural company that includes over 20 different nationalities with English as our working language. Our employees are our strongest asset. Our customers value our flexibility, responsiveness and proactive approach.
A research team of scientists and clinicians is developing an application dedicated to personalized medicine based on an innovative statistical methodology allowing the combined analysis of multiple prioritized outcomes (Generalized Pairwise Comparisons – GPC). See M Buyse, Generalized pairwise comparisons of prioritized outcomes in the two-sample problem, Statistics in medicine, 2010, 29 3245–3257DOI: 10.1002/sim.3923.
This group uses the methodology to develop an application dedicated to industry statisticians, clinicians, and ultimately patients, allowing them to analyze randomized clinical trials studies through an innovative approach permitting advanced Benefit-Risks assessments.
By joining this team, the successful candidate will strengthen the experienced team in Ottignies, Belgium.
As Statistical Analyst, you will be in charge of the analysis of clinical trials data, specifically using the innovative statistical methodology of Generalized Pairwise Comparisons – GPC. You will be responsible for the use of the methodology and application and for presenting the results. You will be in contact with the development and the research teams and you will discuss results with clients.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare datasets for analyses by our software, including cleaning, administration, and coding activities. If required, you will simulate datasets, based on the statistical signature of the actual data.
- Liaise with clients or principal investigators to document data specifications.
- Analyze clinical trials data, using the internal application utilizing Generalized Pairwise Comparisons.
- Perform sensitivity analyses and report their results with the research team and potentially with clients.
- Participate in the writing of the specifications of new features and take charge of their implementation and integration into the new application.
- Test new features of the application.
- Take part in writing documentation and in training users.
The successful candidate must have a master’s degree in (Bio)statistics and at least 4-5 years of experience in clinical trial research. In addition, the position requires:
- Strong experience in Statistics of Clinical trials, including survival analyses, trial design, understanding of SAP & protocol and related programming.
- Strong experience in Data Management of Clinical trials, including cleaning activities, understanding of EDC, CRF, CDISC and related programming.
- Strong knowledge of SAS and R.
- Knowledge of Python is an asset.
- Experience in Software development processes, including Version Control System (GIT) is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written English and good communication skills.
- To be resourceful and motivated to come out of the comfort zone and find information.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- To be a real team player.
A unique opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented and stimulating environment. We regularly enjoy company-wide events such as BBQs, family-day outings, sports, and charity fundraisers, giving the chance to share time together. With a low employee turnover rate, we offer job stability and growth opportunities through on-the-job training and mentoring programs. Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including meal vouchers, full reimbursement for public transport, etc. as well as flexibility for a better work-life balance (working hours, home-working opportunities, part time schedules and paid time off).
Interested in this challenging position?
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your motivation and relevant professional experience for the position by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (to the attention of Ms. Stéphanie Dossche).