Statistical (Python) Developer
IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized biostatistical and eClinical service provider in the field of clinical research. To support our growth, we are actively looking for a:
Statistical (Python) Developer.
You will be joining our international and multi-cultural company that includes over 20 different nationalities with English as our working language. Our employees are our strongest asset. Our customers value our flexibility, responsiveness and proactive approach.
A research team of scientists and clinicians is developing an application dedicated to personalized medicine based on an innovative statistical methodology (Generalized Pairwise Comparisons – GPC). See M Buyse, Generalized pairwise comparisons of prioritized outcomes in the two-sample problem, Statistics in medicine, 2010, 29 3245–3257DOI: 10.1002/sim.3923.
This group uses the methodology to develop an application dedicated to industry statisticians, clinicians, and ultimately patients, allowing them to analyze randomized clinical trials studies through an innovative approach permitting advanced Benefit-Risks assessments.
By joining this team, the successful candidate will strengthen the experienced team in Ottignies, Belgium.
As Statistical (Python) Developer, you will assist in the implementation of the innovative statistical methodology (Generalized Pairwise Comparisons – GPC) in Python code. You will develop other features including visual representation, statistical metrics and data exploration algorithm.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the implementation of the computational core of Generalized Pairwise Comparisons (Python).
- Participate in the writing of the specifications of new features and take in charge their implementation and integration.
- Monitor the testing procedure and perform the corresponding maintenance of the application.
- Take part in writing documentation and in training users.
The successful candidate must have a university degree in IT, Computer sciences, mathematics, physics or engineering and at least 2-3 years of experience as programmer. In addition, the position requires:
- Extended Knowledge of Python is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Django Development is a plus.
- Strong Experience in Software development processes, including Version Control System (GIT).
- Knowledge of R is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of SAS is an asset.
- A good understanding of statistics dedicated to clinical trials.
- Excellent oral and written English and good communication skills.
- To be a creative and out-of-the-box thinker.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- To be a real team player.
A unique opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented and stimulating environment. We regularly enjoy company-wide events such as BBQs, family-day outings, sports, and charity fundraisers, giving the chance to share time together. With a low employee turnover rate, we offer job stability and growth opportunities through on-the-job training and mentoring programs. Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including meal vouchers, full reimbursement for public transport, etc. as well as flexibility for a better work-life balance (working hours, home-working opportunities, part time schedules and paid time off).
Interested in this challenging position?
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your motivation and relevant professional experience for the position by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (to the attention of Ms. Stéphanie Dossche).