IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized Biostatistical and eClinical data services provider in the field of clinical research, providing agile clinical trials services for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device/diagnostic companies. Together, we want to achieve one objective: support our clients to accelerate the delivery of their drugs and improve people’s health.
For 30 years, IDDI has successfully supported 1200+ clinical trials for 330+ pharmaceutical companies and biotech companies, as well as academic cooperative groups and CROs worldwide.
Thanks to a scientifically driven culture and close collaboration with KOLs, IDDI also has a fruitful history of Research and Development projects and more than 15% of IDDI’s projects are academic studies. One of these R&D projects has led to the foundation of CluePoints, now leader in the field of data quality assessment in clinical trials.
Today, IDDI is proud to contribute to 4 significant research projects, including the BENEFIT project (Biostatistical Estimation of Net Effects for Individualization of Therapy) for which we are looking for an experienced and dynamic Statistical Analyst who will support its success!
With the Benefit project, IDDI focuses on an innovative solution dedicated to personalized medicine based on a novel statistical method called GPC (Generalized Pairwise Comparisons) – See M Buyse, Generalized pairwise comparisons of prioritized outcomes in the two-sample problem, Statistics in medicine, 2010, 29 3245–3257DOI: 10.1002/sim.3923.
While classical statistical design and analysis of clinical trials are based on a sole primary endpoint; the GPC method allows studying the combined multidimensional impact of several endpoints thereby maximizing statistical power and limiting the trial sample size. The flexibility of GPC allows involving patients and clinicians in the analysis and place patients at the center of the therapeutic decision. This is illustrated in this video:
GPC will lead to application dedicated to industry statisticians, clinicians, and ultimately patients, allowing the analysis of randomized clinical trials studies through an innovative approach permitting advanced Benefit-Risks assessments.
To reinforce our team and support one of our innovative projects in Research & Development, we are actively looking for a Statistical Analyst for Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve (hybrid office/ homeworking).
As a Statistical Analyst you are responsible for the analysis of clinical trials data, specifically using the innovative statistical methodology of Generalized Pairwise Comparisons – GPC.
You will be responsible for the use of the methodology and its application, and the presentation of the results. You will be in contact with the development and research teams, and you will also discuss results with clients.
- Prepare datasets for analyses by our software including cleaning, administration, and coding activities
- If required, you will simulate datasets, based on the statistical signature of the actual data
- Liaise with clients or principal investigators to ensure a good understanding of the data specifications
- Analyze clinical trials data with Generalized Pairwise Comparisons methodology by using the internal application and other programming languages
- Perform sensitivity analyses and report their results with the research team and with clients
- Participate in the writing of the specifications of new features and take charge of its implementation and integration into the new application.
- Test new features of the application
- Assist with writing of the documentation and user training
- Master’s Degree in (Bio)Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or (Bio)Statistics with a deep interest in Statistics required
- 4 years of experience in Clinical Trials or Academic Research
- Strong experience in Statistics (design and analysis of Clinical trials, trial design, understanding of Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) and protocol)
- Strong experience in Data Management, including preparing and cleaning activities
- A good understanding of EDC, CRF, CDISC and related programming
- Excellent knowledge of Python and R
- Knowledge of SAS is an asset
- Experience in Software development processes, including Version Control System (GIT) is an asset
- Excellent oral and written English
- Good communication skills
- Be resourceful and motivated to come out of your comfort zone to find information
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Fast learner
You will join an international and multi-cultural company that includes over 25 different nationalities (English is the working language) and where employees are the strongest asset.
At IDDI, we offer job stability and growth opportunities through on‑the-job training and mentoring programs. Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry.
Our customers value our flexibility, responsiveness, and proactive approach.
A unique opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented, and stimulating environment. We regularly enjoy company-wide events, such as BBQs, family-day outings, sports, and charity fundraisers – giving the chance to share time together.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including meal vouchers, full reimbursement for public transport, hospital insurance, etc. as well as flexibility for a better work-life balance (flexible working hours with home-working opportunities, part-time schedules).
Interested in this challenging position?
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your motivation and relevant professional experience for the position by e-mail at email@example.com (to the attention of Andrea Golder)