IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized biostatistical and eClinical service provider in the field of clinical research. Together, we want to achieve one objective: support our clients to accelerate the delivery of their drugs and improve people’s health.
To support our growth, we are actively looking for a dynamic and experienced Financial Director to join our Management Team:
As Financial Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial controlling and management of the European and US entities. To help you in your role, you will be supported by 2 highly skilled colleagues already performing autonomously and will work closely with the VP Finance & HR.
You will be a key partner to the business, advising and supporting the Upper Management team to help us develop further IDDI and continue its success.
Your key responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Finance team, you develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports of all EU and US IDDI legal entities, in accordance with accounting principles (Belgian and US GAAP, IFRS).
- You develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- You ensure that all statutory requirements are met, including withholding and social security payments, income tax, VAT.
- You coordinate external accounting and fiscal support.
- You’re the key person and first point of contact for the auditor(s) during the yearly auditing process.
- You document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- You review quarterly and yearly financial statements and results and implement variance reporting as compared to budget.
- You prepare cash flow forecast in accordance with company policy.
- You manage excellent relationship with all key financial stakeholders: banks, financial institutions and investors.
- You are a strategic advisor for the upper management: you deliver all necessary financial reporting as required by the Board Meetings and the Annual General Meetings and provide advice to support the decision-making process.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Economics, Management, or Business Engineering
- At least 10 years of working experience in Finance or related field, ideally in SMEs
- Experience in Belgian GAAP is a must
- A good knowledge and/or first experience in US GAAP, IFRS, Corporate law, board governance is a plus
- Fluent English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to see the big picture as well as to pay attention to details to keep a high quality of work
- High level of accuracy with excellent data analytical skills to support decision making,
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Must have a proven ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality practices
A unique opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented, and stimulating environment. We regularly enjoy company-wide events such as BBQs, family-day outings, sports, and charity fundraisers, giving the chance to share time together.
Our employees are our strongest asset. With a low employee turnover rate, we offer job stability and growth opportunities through on-the-job training and mentoring programs. Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry.
Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry. Our customers value our flexibility, responsiveness and proactive approach.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including meal vouchers, full reimbursement for public transport, etc. as well as flexibility for a better work-life balance (flexible working hours with home-working opportunities, part-time schedules).
Interested in this challenging position?
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your motivation and relevant professional experience to Vanessa Closset via the email firstname.lastname@example.org